Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Children are a blessing from the Lord!!











Where do I start? Friday we took the day off and went to Micki Grove. Ayla and Liam didn't want to leave the Lorikee's but Holly kept wanting to go. Then the girls ran in the kid sprinklers in their clothes and we ended the day with a couple minutes at the park. Then the grils had a animal party in their room they couldn't wait for me to see.
On Sunday evening Silas pulled up to stand infront of the bath tub. My thoughts where oh no when is he going to walk. He's now 9 and a half months.
Holly did her job today with the Laundry and said mom you have to come look!! After she sat on the laundry basket it keep the shape of it. She was laughing. Who said you can't have fun on the job.
I'm so thankful for the last couple of days that I've had with the kids. It's been some nice time of watching where they are at and what they have learned and what I need to do more of. After reading up on some blogs this last week I have been refecting on the question, " Am I showing the kids their need for Christ?"

Deu 6:7
7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.

Due 8:33 And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

2Cor 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me

Heb. 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Luke 5:32
I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”

2Cor 17:10 For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

Heb 6:1
Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,

Heb 5:9
And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,

2 Cor 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.

Romans 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in[1] him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

3 comments:

crystal said...

Karen,
I cant believe your littlest baby boy is pulling to stand:)Karen you better watch out he is going to have you being everywhere lol!!!thank you for the words of encouragement from Gods word!Thank you for the reminder because its so easy for me to get out of a area I need to be working on:)of course I need to be working on alot all the time!I guess it makes me more dependent on God!!for help in all the areas lol!!!

For His Glory said...

The pictures are so fun Karen! You are such a precious mommy! I am so thankful for those words of reminder about making sure our children are seeing Christ!

The Pichura Family said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures!!!! And I really appreciated your question....am I doing all I can to help my kids see their need for Christ? Thanks for sharing that...it's the heartbeat we all should have as mom's but so easily gets lost in our own selfishness and flesh!
Love you!