Saturday, June 6, 2009

Aya is growing up!!

Ayla has also learned to climb the walls

Their is always somethings that sticks out more than others every week and this week it is Ayla. She is really maturing by talking on the phone to friends, reading the calender and knowing what is happening the next day or three weeks away. I think I'm going to have to change where I write my plans down. Her knowing is driving me nuts. I like to limit in what I tell them our plans are. Ayla loves to plan ahead just like me and she likes to know what is happening next and if she doesn't it can become a sin issue for her.
Earlier in the week I noticed that on my to do list broad that she wrote down something and it made me laugh. She wrote "NO" next to quiche. And one morning this week I was exsersizing and Silas couldn't be on the floor so Ayla asked to hold him. It blessed my heart to see that she had put him to sleep. Today Ayla wanted to start her own quite time. This has been something we have talked about but it was something I brought up. This morning she said she wanted to start one of her own in the mornings. This was a hug from the Lord!! The Lord has really shown me this week how much my kids watch me. And when they get older you begin to see yourself in them. Some of it isn't so pretty, some is just silly, and some is blessing from the Lord to see. What fun it is to see her grow and want to know more about the Lord. I love you Ayla!! And I'm so thankful for you!!

2 comments:

For His Glory said...

Oh Karen what a sweet blessing from God Ayla is! Isn't it such a precious thing to see God working in the hearts of our children :)

crystal said...

I dont how I missed this post but I did and I read it and I loved hearing about how ayla is doing and how mature she is getting to be!How sweet to see her wanting to spend time with God on her own!She is so cute Karen