Holly took a picture of herself :)
Yesterday, Holly told me about something she did back in December. She said; " Mom remember when we had those candy canes....well I snuk in the kitchen and got one and put it under my pillow. Then I licked it and wrapped it in toilet paper. After that I quietly brushed my teeth and when I went to lick it again I had to throw it away because the toilet paper was all stuck to it.
This story made me laugh so hard inside...she brushed her teeth and she wrapped it up so it would n't get messy. I told her that she got her own consequence with the paper getting all stuck to it. I learned two things from this...all of my children seem to be passive in their disobeance which make it hard to see.
3 comments:
Way to write it down before you forget it!!! :) And I know what you mean about the "passive disobedience". It can be harder to shepherd than the outright disobedience!
Ah yes, I have one (possibly two) in the household who exercises a passive disobedience. It is very tricky but I feel, worth all the effort in the end. In one child it started off innocent, treats would go missing but I would find the wrappers and knew what was going on. Then it became a "borrowing" of other people's things without permission. And now it is just full on stealing and lying. I have learned even the most innocent of sins turns really ugly!!! Not to say sweet Holly is going down this same path.
I am reminded of James 1:14-16 which says, "but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death." Passive disobedience definitely keeps a person on their toes.
Hey karen,
Its a blessing that she came and shared the truth and that her heart felt conviction?you do work so hard on training your children acording to Gods word!Its so comforting to know that God says to do what he has called you to as a mom and he will do the rest!cause no matter what we always have sin in our hearts and we are not responsible for there sin to the point of if they do sin and we have been doing what we have been called to do then we leave the rest to God:)and pray for there hearts!love you girl!!
Post a Comment