
It all started out very simple, Holly wanted to watch some princess videos that she had never seen before. Now in the last three days she has changed into about 2-3 dresses a day. God has used the opportunities to talk about what beauty is and isn't. As she asked me about weddings so I told her that she could see mine and daddies sometime. Well that some time was tonight and it was a fun spontaneous evening. It turned out that our video didn't work as well as Grandpa and Grandmas so they came over and watched it with us. We all ate pizza and reflected on the memories that we had. We here sad that Daddy wasn't here to join us,
but The kids had questions after question about who so and so was and how they are now bigger. Tonight we had new memories and old memories rolled all in one.There is a book that I have been wanting to read that was highly recommended by a close friend. I'm going to start it and maybe share what I've learning as I go. It's called, " Helper by design God's Perfect Plan for Women in Marriage." My prayer is that David will know that he comes before the kids and that he will see good fruit grow in this area.
1Peter 3:4 but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
The book below is something I might read in the future. It looks like it might be good so I thought I would share it.
Gospel-Powered Parenting: How the Gospel Shapes and Transforms Parenting
by William P. Farley
Parents who claim the gospel as their own have an enormous effect on their marriage, their integrity, and their love for their children. Keeping the gospel at the forefront of every aspect of marriage helps parents fear God, sensitizes them to sin, motivates them to enter their children's world, and causes them to preach the beauty of the gospel to their children through their marriage.
2 comments:
Wow, I'm impressed you've been blogging away! I love your heart for your marriage Karen you are such an encouragement to my heart in this area!
I saw that book review too for Gospel centered parenting...looks like another must read!!!!! :)
Post a Comment