Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sharing

This summer has been such a mixture of things and our schedules have been different every week from visiting friends out of town, having them over, family over, and getting things done at home. I can look back over this summer and count the many blessings. The most difficult thing has been fiances being so tight, but that is a good thing because God has used it to draw me closer to him. I will be honest their have been many times that I haven't wanted to go to the Word and I spent time putting the finances off. God has ever been so faithful to draw me back to where my heart needs to be depending on him...this morning I was reading
Mark 10:17-27

And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” And he said to him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.” And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” Disheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!” And the disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how difficult it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” And they were exceedingly astonished, and said to him, “Then who can be saved?” Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.”

You look at he word wealth and think that isn't me, but wait anything that fills us up and makes us happy. When you have money to spend and you want more and more your never satisfied. Even thought David has been on what seems to be a roller coaster of yes this job or no to this and we get close and then it gets change. God has faithfully reminded me that I can't look at the job coaster and look for a pattern. I need to look to Christ....I thank God for all that he has done and I wouldn't have it any different. I have fallen in deeper love with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...The joy that Christ brings in the opportunities to encourage others who are also struggling in the same way...priceless...I would not give anything to go back. I can only say this by the grace of God.

1 comment:

The Pichura Family said...

The Lord is always using something in all of our lives to keep us close to Him! I know it is not easy for you...but you continue to be a shining light!!!