
Liam has gone twice today in the potty and only once yesterday. It has been very draining every time he screams and does n't want to go. He gets a skittle if he goes to encourage him.
What a blessing it was yesterday when I had a friend over who gave me some encouragement with a potty timer. And she helped me establish a route with a timer. He goes every 45minutes and sits for 10. The timer is only for going potty so he knows what it means. It has worked out well and has given me something to work with. You know how you feel like your going crazy until you have a plan. I wasn't going to say poop or pee but it's about potty training. Or I could say he voided into the potty...no that sounds even sillier. He will now hear the timer and I'll say what is that for...He says to go potty!...last night and two times today he went and said Mommy I did it so we all ran to the bathroom and clapped for him. He just lit up. Now it's just practice and Patience. I'm not concerned anymore about getting him done by the time school starts. We will just continue down this road and he will get it. After praying about these things God has encouraged me to think about what he is learning. And the many opportunity he is getting to be trained in sitting, having his sisters read to him on the potty, self-control, ...the list goes on.
2 comments:
I have to say the best thing ever that a friend shared with me was when her little girl was going through cancer treatments and for whatever reason had to have her potty trained in a jiffy. So the nurses told her to let her run around "buck naked"...The idea is that the children do not like to feel the pee on them and realize the first accident that it was a very uncomfortable feeling and so the next time they are feeling pee come they realize there is no undies, pants to catch it in and so they want to put the pee somewhere and not on them. This idea encourages them to put their pee in the potty so it doesn't go on them. Anyways...It's what I used for "A" and it worked wonderfully and with "K-Jr" and I will be using it with "J" when that time comes too...Just a tid bit if you want to try :) PS I know Christie said she used it with Grant and he was potty trained in two days...
What a blessing to have friends who help you think outside of the box...you know! :)
I like Wendy's idea too...plus...what boy (or guy) wouldn't like to run around naked anyway? :) tee-hee
Post a Comment