




Where do I start...with the soup. Last Friday we went to the pumpkin patch with our homeschooling group and brought back pumpkins. The minute I put the pumpkins in the garage Ayla said mom your not going to forget about them like you did last year and throw them away. I decided that I wasn't going to and that I was going to make a plan to do something with them. And I know how good I am at putting things off. So later that night I got some recipes online and wrote down a date to do something with them. Today was the day and we made soup. Tomrorrow is our family night and we will also finish with the pumpkins by making cookies. It was fun but lots of work to cook from scratch...usallly I buy the can of pumpkin..While we where busy in the kitchen I thought about how much time they spend way back the in the old days. The kids did complain about having to put their hands in the pumpkin, but we worked throught it. At one point we had to pray and ask for a right heart additude. They all seemed to enjoy it but they didn't like the taste of the soup. Silas didn't seem to mind it since he can't share his opioin with words yet. And whatever he threw on the floor the dog licked it up. I didn't like the taste of it eather but I was proud that I did something with the pumpkins this time. I have always talked about it and now I can say I did it. The one thing that I have been praying the most about is putting things off...this has been a big struggle and the Lord is faithfully showing me where the roots of sin are in these areas of my life and pulling them out.
No unwelcome tasks become any the less unwelcome by putting them off till tomorrow. It is only when they are behind us and done, that we begin to find that there is a sweetness to be tasted afterwards, and that the remembrance of unwelcome duties unhesitatingly done is welcome and pleasant. Accomplished, they are full of blessing, and there is a smile on their faces as they leave us. Undone, they stand threatening and disturbing our tranquility, and hindering our communion with God. If there be lying before you any bit of work from which you shrink, go straight up to it, and do it at once. The only way to get rid of it is to do it. -Alexander MacLaren (1826–1910), Scottish preacher
I have this on my frig and read it repeadedly. If you want to read more on this topic you can click the link below...http://www.sovereigngraceministries.org/Blog/post/Biblical-Productivity-Series-PDF.aspx



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My husband is a gift from the Lord!!!
David and I had a wonderful time out together a couple weekends ago and what a blessed time it was. I was able to have dinner while it was hot and I could spend time looking and tasting the food I was eating. Plus their were lots of times to have a conversation without someone stopping me in the middle. Before I went out I had the joy of getting fixed up with the help of some friends. I was able to get my hair done, and my friend Hannah gave me a makeover and helped me shop for a dress. It was a fun girls night out. Before I got ready for this event I spent some much needed time in prayer about going out and preparing. It is so easy for me to put the focus on myself and be concerned with how I look more on the outside than in the heart. It always seems to be an even bigger struggle while I'm trying to work on getting the extra baby fluff off. And I did want to run away with the feelings of thinking I'm not their yet...before I could even give myself time to entertain such thoughts I took these things to prayer. As it says in..."For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" Matthew 6:21....I can honesty say that the Lord was faithful to answer my prayers. I was so relaxed and enjoyed myself that I don't remember feeling anxious about how I looked, I just remember feeling proud of be with my husband for the evening and enjoyed his company alone. And even after the evening as I look back I see that by God's Grace alone I can see more beauty in how he wants me to think of fixing myself up for my husband.-____________________________________________________________________
The kids are growing in their relationships towards one another.
What a joy it has been to see the kids really bonding with one another.
Holly has been giving Liam make overs with her lip stick on her own.

Ayla has been playing dinos and cars with Liam without being asked. And reading books to the others and helping with teaching Holly her school work after I've asked her to help.

Silas is just following everyone around and playing right along side them. He is turning into a toddler and getting out of the baby stages. He doesn't miss anything. He pulls on the frig door and says uh uh uh when he wants his milk cut. And he just started throwing food off his high chair..we have some traing sessions coming up. I have lots of helpers to keep him in order. Even Liam is now telling Silas what to do and what not to do.
Liam is talking up a storm with words that we can all understand. WOW!!! What a blessing this is. We are all thankful that he doesn't scream like he use to. He now tells you what is happening. And its so cute to hear the words that he puts together. Today he sang, "Happy Birthday to me ( no it's not my Birthday) and then he told me to smell out the candles on the fake cake. The other day I told him that Ayla and Holly are doing school in the kitchen and his response was...Mommy I have to be quite.
And for the first time I've seen Liam hugging Silas with real affection when he was crying about something. These have all been hugs from the Lord.
I could go on but my brain is fading.....fading....gone....


I found this picture and remembered that Holly made a card for her Dad and gave him her own homemade money with it. Daddy asked if he could really use it and she said not Daddy it's fake.
2 comments:
Yay!! Updates!! I loved that you were able to get out for a date with your hubby, I know how much he is gone with work and how that blessed your heart to spend that sweet time together!
Oh Karen! Your heart was wide open in the posts and I loved every minute of it!!! I had a huge smile on my face thinking of you all working on the pumpkin soup...and to even "read" your heart when it didn't turn out just blessed my heart. I can often get frustrated when a meal I have worked hard on does not turn out...but, there you were,just so thankful to have been disciplined at DOING it!!!!! And I LOVED the quote...REALLY good. I think I am going to go and print it off too...I think it will encourage my kids when it comes to their school work! :)
Rejoicing with you in your date night (and HOT meal!) and the precious moments of seeing your kids not only be siblings but FRIENDS!!!! Love you!
Post a Comment